WOW founder Ron Wallace is a professionally trained Executive Chef and graduate of the prestigious Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island. His passion for organic fertilizing/gardening started at an early age learning from his dad in the family garden. Since that time he has been on a mission to grow the world’s largest pumpkin. Today he is regarded as one of the world’s premiere giant pumpkin growers. He has appeared on many local and national TV shows and been the subject of numerous books, newspaper and nationally-recognized magazines articles.
Ron Wallace is a two-time world record holder, three - time world champion and was the first grower in the world to grow a pumpkin over 1500 pounds (1502 in 2006) and in 2012 he was the first to eclipse the 2000-pound barrier at 2009 pounds. His passion for creating a organic fertilizer for extreme growth has led to WOW Wallace Organic Wonder. WOW’s key ingredient for dynamic growth is a fungus called Mycorrhizae, with the addition of a natural, all-organic fertilizer. This strain has been living in soils for millions of years but has only recently been made available to home gardeners. Mycorrhizal fungi colonize plant roots, maximizing nutrient and water absorption producing stronger roots with more vigorous plants that produce earlier more abundant vegetables and brilliant flowers!
WOW’s mission is to provide the highest quality, environmentally friendly mycorrhizal fungi, and fertilizers for the home gardener as well as commercial farming.
Soil is not "dirt"
At WOW we do not think of soil as “dirt,” and neither should you! Healthy soil is “alive” and contains billions of microscopic organisms. Soil is the most diverse ecosystem on planet earth. Over time gardeners have unknowingly disrupted the precious balance of the living soil by using harsh non-organic, synthetic fertilizers that are high in salts. Let WOW organic fertilizer re-mineralize and improve the biological life of your soil for slow release organic fertilizing.
Ron has appeared on many local and national TV shows and been the subject of numerous books, newspaper and nationally-recognized magazines articles.
Some of his accomplishments:
* Two-time “Guinness World Records” holder and three-time world champion. He was the first grower in the world to grow a pumpkin over 1500 pounds (1502 in 2006) and in 2012 he was the first to eclipse the 2000-pound barrier at 2009 pounds.
*Feature stories aired on CNN, NBC Nightly News, ABC Evening News, CBS Sunday Morning.
*Personal appearances Martha Stewart Living (2 appearances), Kelly and Michael Live (2 appearances), ABC’s “The Chew.”
* Featured in Susan Warren’s book “Backyard Giants”, Don Langevin’s series of books – “How-to-Grow Giant Pumpkins,” and "Get Big Things Done The Power Of Connectional Intelligence"
* Featured stories in the Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Boston Globe, Providence Journal, New Yorker Magazine, Huffington Post, Forbes Magazine.
* 2011 inducted into the GPC (Great Pumpkin Commonwealth) Hall Of Fame
* 2006, 2012 & 2015 GPC Grower Of The Year
* Winner of 22 GPC weigh-offs
* 2006, 2012 & 2015 World Champion